Overnight upgrades have been applied to the ConservativeChitChat website, including:
- Attempt to fix top menu on the front of the website that was appearing black instead of the blue colour I set it to appear.
- Refinements to fonts & font sizes
- Change of background image on front page
- Change of background image on search page
- Minor alterations to display of banner adverts on main part of site
- RSS feed enabled on new forums
- Enhanced menu enabled on new forums instead of the basic one.
- Social Media feed on front page fixed so Twitter posts appear in it (still no longer works with Facebook)
- Zapped Webring banner at bottom of front page as it was failing to display anyway….
- Changed forum link on top of front page from the old to the new forum.
Just a quick post to wish a Merry Christmas to all the site’s followers who are still following (bah humbug to those who unsubscribed). Continue reading “Merry Christmas from ConservativeChitChat”
Some people might think that the blogs here at Conservativechitchat are certifiable, and it officially is – as a safe site to visit by McAfee Secure.
That’s why the floating McAfee thing in the bottom corner is has appeared on the site – to signify this status, in case you were wondering.
Another recent addition is the arrival of the Disqus comments thingy that will allow you to comment posts by logging in via with your Disqus or social media accounts at Facebook & Twitter, just like you can over at other websites such as Breitbart, etc.
After much waiting, the confidence vote in British PM Theresa May has finally arrived after letters to Graham Brady to trigger the vote crossed the 48 threshold.
Unfortunately, despite the complete horlicks she’s been making of negotiating brexit, early signs are suggesting she’s going to survive the experience. Continue reading “Confidence Vote in May is Finally Here [Updated with Final Results & Reactions]”
As one of a number of features I’ve sticky-taped onto this re-built WordPress blog after a slight mishap with the delete button, I thought it finally time to put the new polls widget to use with a general “UK Voting Intentions Poll” with more options than are permitted over on Twitter.
And here it is…..
An hour or two before I finally crawled to bed Saturday morning, former President George HW Bush was trending on twitter, and a further search revealed it was because America had 1 less living former President than it had previously.
He was the 3rd US President to do the job in my life time, and the 2nd to be around at a time I was old enough to be able pay any attention to things like this.
Continue reading “RIP Bush 41”