Some of the stuff that ConservativeChitChat Supports (UK Edition)
1) Brexit… Leaving the EU holds the key to being able to do alot of the stuff that many of the stuff I support likely depends on, like keeping proper tabs on immigration.
2) Flat Taxes… they’ve been yapping for too long about simplifying them, how about actually doing it? Introducing Flat Taxes would zap many loopholes, and encourage those with fat wallets to just cough-up what they owe, instead of paying accountants to find ways to wriggle out of paying more than they have to.
3) A £155 per week Minimum Citizens income…. originally touted by the Greens, and branded a bloody stupid idea because it would cost around £415billion a year at a time Britain is trying to get back on it’s feet after Gormless Gordon Brown ran up a national deficit of £156bn (and down to around £50-£90billion around the 2015 General Election), the writers of the Daily Telegraph seem to have started warming to the idea…………
— Telegraph News (@TelegraphNews) December 7, 2015
… and Finland have decided to have a crack at it too….
— ConservativeChitChat (@ConservativeCCh) December 7, 2015
So I reckon it would be do-able, but require some serious awkward maths on the budget to make it work properly, such as introducing Flat Taxes + merging Income Tax with National Insurance, and achieving Brexit to enable proper control of our borders, among other things.
Maybe make a range of grants available, possibly funded in a way similar to Zopa + Funding Circle (but through the government) for things like Home Repair + disabled equipment (among other things) to make sure no one is left in the lurch.
4) Expanding Airport capacity in the South-East of England… just not with a 3rd Runway at Heathrow
6) Ditching Fuel Duty + VAT on Petrol & Diesel, and replacing with a single Fuel Sales Tax (F.S.T)
7) Building a Wales-to-Ireland Tunnel + a Scotland to Ireland Tunnel to improve transport links across the Irish Sea, and zap issues caused by crap weather that can hold up the current journey. The Wales to Ireland Tunnel is estimated to cost around £15billion (not too far off what we pay for a year’s EU membership).
8) Building a new Northern Section of the East Coast Mainline… if you look at it on Google Earth / Google Maps, you’ll notice it’s a teensy bit too close to the edge of the cliffs just north of Berwick-Upon-Tweed, which is sure to cause massive problems sooner or later.
Also if you remember Top Gear (series13 Episode1) with the race between a Steam Train, an old Jaguar + an old motorbike, you may recall there seemed to be some bottlenecks caused by local rail traffic.
9) Kitting out the RAF with a new Generation of AVRO Vulcan / Rockwell B-1B / Tupolev TU-160 sized big bombers…. let’s face it, as good as the trusty old Tornado fighter-bomber is, the fleet is apparently getting a bit shagged-out, and new proper bombers would expand Britain’s capabilities (and after all the cutting to defence we’ve had to do since 2010 we could use some more positive additions on top of what was announced the other week)